Sunday, January 18, 2015

Using Web 2.0 Tools to Differentiate Student Assessment

The Assignment:
Using the resources as a guide, isolate one Web Tool that aligns with differentiation and student assessment. Then, post the tool to your blog and include information, suggested student use, and instructional practices.

Pixton
I assigned students several options when we were reading Into the Wild.  One option was to re-create a scene from McCandless' experience using Pixton.  In order to offer Pixton, I purchased a subscription for about 25 students.  Then, I disseminated the password so students could submit the assignment into my "class."  This activity is differentiated because students had tons of options: they had options in determining what scene they wanted, they had choices to what they could use with Pixton.  For a rubric, I recommend some type of critical thinking rubric or an integrated rubric versus just some plain storyboard rubric.  

Here is a sample of one my student's assignments:

I loved her level of details!  I will definitely use again!
Student Work Sample


No comments:

Post a Comment