Sunday, January 11, 2015

Differentiation Quest

Create an example of differentiated communication practices to post for students or parents and share on your blog. Reflect thoughtfully on the concepts presented in the Differentiation section of the Communicate skill and utilize three resources.
After completing a blog post that meets the requirements of this quest, submit the link to your post in the Submission Form at the bottom of this page.

Social Collaborative Tools with Livebinders



Banneker High School's Common Read 2014



Instructional Tools - Vocabulary Flashcards for studying The Slave Narrative of Frederick Douglass






Student Exemplar of a Prezi Presentation Tool on the American Revolution:


Reflection:
There are many resources available to differentiate information for all stakeholders.  I often find that there is no one way students learn best, there are actually multiple ways.  So, as a teacher, I am constantly having to use a mixture of everything simply to say the same thing.  That is because one method may be successful today and not tomorrow or vice verse.

The beauty of the Internet is that information you want to present may already have been created by other teachers who are willing to share their resources.  As a teacher, you simply have to make sure the resource does everything you want it to do.

I know Ga Virtual is interested in simply exposing teachers to lots of resources, but I would only recommend teachers use 3-4 resources and continue to stick with those resources.  An online class must attempt to maintain consistency if students are expected to follow it without many glitches.  If flashcards are something you want to use for vocabulary, then all vocabulary sessions need flashcards on the same flashcard forum.  If PowerPoint or Prezi is how you want to present vocabulary, then keep PowerPoint or Prezi for all vocabulary activities.  

In preparing to teach Ga Virtual Classes, I would go ahead and pick 5 resources I know I want to use regularly for that session.  When I start a new semester, this is when I would add or delete what I have done.  But, I would keep it very consistent because it is too many things to do at once.

I will use Symbaloo to save some of the resources.  Other resources I had another app or resource that did the same thing.  But, as a way of keeping all my resources together, I will go back in this platform to capture these resources!  



No comments:

Post a Comment