Sunday, January 4, 2015

Creation and Investigation into Courses

My shell course is available on Schoology.  The course and folder is called Digital Citizenship Curriculum.  All materials are in one folder.

Access Code
82HWF-4QBGJ

I have made several courses in an LMS before, and I am grateful I already had the prior knowledge to understand what exactly I am doing.

The beauty of programs that already have the template created is that the teacher can smoothly upload his/her information and assignments.  It would be different if I needed to know java code and html language.  But, with Schoology and Edmodo and others like them, a novice can achieve success.

There were several particulars that teachers have to be cognizant of when creating a course:
  1. Order of information and processes
  2. Tools and fonts need to match 
  3. Images and videos need to be something that truly adds to the information and not a distraction
  4. Speed of computer
  5. Software and hardware necessities (i.e., Quicktime was needed and java was needed for some activities)
  6. Plan, plan, plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment