Thursday, January 1, 2015

Digital Health Forum



Family Gatherings will allow time to spend with family in lieu of working on computers, cell phones, and tablets.  Sometimes, these gatherings incorporate shared technology for fun with each other.


Bible study is a time to put away technological resources, and it allows quiet time for meditation.

My hair appointments is time for relaxation.  I can still use my digital technologies, but it is more so for fun and games instead of work.  This time allows me to be "brainless."

  • What is the most proactive means of ensuring the most balanced blend of technology and well-being?
  • What can students and teachers do to make sure they get the most from technology while simultaneously safeguarding good health?

1.  When I am at work, my cell phone and tablet are in airplane mode.  This mode blocks any incoming information, and it saves my batteries.  Since I do not use my phone and iPad for work, I lock them away.  Students have a problem putting their technologies to the side, but I attempt to show them how by practicing what I preach.


2.  Teachers can set aside time and create lessons that blend technologies.  This will allow students some access to technology in schools.  But, lessons need to be balanced.  For me, to put aside technologies, I will use the Interactive Notebook.  This notebook still follows a lot of traditional, old fashion ways of learning, but it still fosters creativity because students can cut, paste, use tactile activities to engage in the product. Other times are driven by multimedia presentations and resources where students can use their phones to aggregate various information.  Also, I remain calm when students are playing on their phones because I do know it is more of a social problem that afflicts most communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment