Saturday, January 10, 2015

News Quest

News Item via Edmodo (Screenshot):


As an online instructor, how do you plan to incorporate news items and announcements? What resources would you reference to format news items? Create an example of a News Item and share the example in your blog.

News items for me are usually current events where students have to analyze an editorial cartoon or a video or an article.  I already have a Current Event Write-Up Sheet where students share what they learned.  I actually have several different write-up sheets depending on the student's skill level of reading and writing comprehension.  Announcements may also include when new resources are released.  For instance, when I post PowerPoints or Videos that are enhancing the subject matter, I will announce it on a news feed.  I also like to remind students about upcoming projects or tests.  Many times, I will provide a list of major items that we need to accomplish for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment